Bamboo | Moongi Rice
Buy Moongil Rice Online and its value added products from Herbs Market. Bamboo Rice Herbs online at retail whole sale at lowest price. We will ship all over in India. Bamboos live for around 50 to 60 years and when they flower, it is understood that they are ready to die. It can be cooked and consumed just like our regular rice.
- Bamboo rice like any other rice is rich in various nutrients including carbohydrates, fiber and protein.
- It is believed that bamboo rice has low glycemic index compared to other varieties of rice, which is considered to be a healthier option for diabetics.
- The rice has low or no fat and is rich in vitamin B.
Bamboo Rice, also known as Mulayari is actually the seed of a dying bamboo shoot that is produced at the end of its life span. According to research, it is an important and major source of income for tribals living in the forests. The reason this rice is commonly not available is that it takes many years for an aged plant to flower from which this short-grain rice is extracted. When it comes to cooking, it is cooked like any other variety of rice and has a very sweet taste. The difference lies in its texture once cooked. It is chewy and moist and is often used to make khichdi.
English : Bamboo Shoot
Tamil : Moongil Kuruthu
Malayalam : Mulankoombu
Telugu : Veduru chiguru
Kannada : Baimbale, Kanile
Hindi : Bauns
Bengali : Bansber ankur
Gujarati : Vasani kupal
Marathi : Kalkipan.
Benefits of Bamboo Rice
The seeds are then dried, similar to other grain and used like rice. Moongi Rice is known to have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that help in fighting harmful bacteria, viruses and colds. Rice has fibre called resistant starch which helps in promoting healthy bacteria in the bowel, thus boosting the immune system.
- Studies conducted on the Kani tribes in Kanyakumari forests have shown that they consume Bamboo rice for its fertility enhancing properties.
- Higher protein content than both rice and wheat.
- Controls Joints pain, back pain and rheumatic pain.
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- High in carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals hence make the child energetic.
- Detoxes the vital organs and helps to boost the functionality of every organ.
- Improves appetite and cures indigestion.
- Relieves pain and stops any kind of bone disease from arising
- Helps in development and strengthening of the bones and muscles
- Helps in teeth development and maintains oral health.
Make porridge using this rice powder and give your child every morning, works like magic with the children in increasing weight, alertness as well as becoming more active.